Certificate in organic farming from ignou (COF): The Indira Gandhi National Open University’s School of Agriculture (SOA) has designed and developed the Certificate in Organic farming course with the support of APEDA, GoI for the learners who want to pursue their career in the field of Organic farming. The University has been offering admission to
The University has been offering admission to the Organic farming certificate to the students from all over the country.This is only a six months programme which means the term end examination for all the IGNOU Organic farming certificate subjects will be held in the month of June for the students who takes admission in January session.
Students who will apply for admission to COF in July session can appear for next December term end examination. If the student is unable to complete any course in any particular course then he or she may appear in the examinations which will occur in next six months. The students need to complete all the required courses within the minimum duration of six months and maximum duration of one year to obtain the certificate.
If the student is unable to complete any course in any particular course then he or she may appear in the examinations which will occur in next six months. The students need to complete all the required courses within the minimum duration of six months and maximum duration of one year to obtain the certificate.
Programme Objective: The main objective of this programme is to impart the knowledge to learners in the field of organic farming, Organic production practices, Certification process and Marketing of organically raised agricultural products. After completion of this certificate programme the learners will be able to promote themselves for self-employment and income generation.
We have mentioned below the various details of Certificate in Organic farming programme such as eligibility criteria, duration, age limit. These are as follows:
- Medium of Instruction: English & Hindi
- Admission Eligibility: The candidate must be having 12th pass or its equivalent or 10th + BPP from IGNOU and he or she should be having minimum age of 18 years.
- Course Duration: The minimum duration is 6 months and maximum duration is 2 year to complete all the courses.
- Programme Fee: The total fee is Rs.4,000/- which has to be paid one time during the time of admission.
Note: The programme fee may change in future, so please check the latest fee with the IGNOU Regional Centre or see the latest prospectus.
Programme Coordinator: In the case of any query, you can contact the coordinator of the discipline at below mentioned contact details:
- Name: Dr. S.K Yadav
- Email-Id: email@example.com
- Phone: 011-29573088/011-29533167
How to Apply for admission to IGNOU Certificate in Organic Farming? The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers admission to the Organic farming certificate programme in January and July academic cycle along with many other courses. There are a large number of learners in India who want to pursue the higher education via distance mode. So, every year a large number of students apply for admission to certificate programmes.
The students can fill up IGNOU Organic Farming Certificate Admission Form in both January and July academic cycles. The university publishes the advertisement or notification related to the admission in the month of November for January session and in the month of May for July session. The students can check the notification for the last date of admission.
The details about the admission form and prospectus etc. can be checked and download from the university official website at www.ignou.ac.in. There are two ways in which interested candidates can apply for admission to distance learning certificate course. These are as follows:
Online mode: The university has launched its Online Admission portal for the learners from all over the country to fill up IGNOU COF Online Admission form. We have mentioned below the step you need to follow while applying for IGNOU Online admission.
- Please open the website URL : https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/
- Visit the “Apply Online” link at the top menu. Under this link, you will find the link “General Instructions” as a sub menu. Just click on it and read out all the instructions carefully before filling up the online admission form for the Certificate programme.
- On the General Instructions page, you will find a link to download the latest “Common Prospectus”.It is advised to read out the prospectus carefully so that you will able to understand the complete details about the IGNOU COF programme.
- The applicants need to register themselves on the website to fill up the admission application form.
- The Application fee can be paid via Bank challan, Debit Card, Credit card or Net Banking.
- After submitting the application form and fees, please take the print out of the acknowledgment page for further reference.
Offline Mode: In the offline mode, the students need to visit their nearest IGNOU Regional Centre and obtain the common prospectus by paying the fee of Rs.200/- in cash at the counters. The students can also obtain the prospectus via the post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.250/- in favour of IGNOU, New Delhi to the following address: “REGISTRAR, Student Registration Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110068″.
The students can also download the prospectus from the university official website.The IGNOU Certificate in Organic Farming admission application form can be cut from the prospectus itself. The applicant needs to submit the filled in application form in a prescribed format, demand draft of required fee and required attested documents in the respected regional centre.
IGNOU COF Admission / Registration Status: The students will be able to check the registration status of the Certificate in Urdu Language on the university official website after the two weeks from the day of submission of admission form. In case you do not find your admission status, please contact your regional centre by visiting there or by speaking to them on phone.
IGNOU COF Courses & Syllabus: The students has to pass out 16 credits to successfully complete the programme. It includes a total of 4 courses. We have mentioned below the list of courses with the Course name and Course Code:
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|BAP 1||Introduction to Organic Farming||2|
|BAPI 1||Organic Production System||6|
|BAPI 2||Inspection and Certification of Organic Produce||4|
|BAPI 3||Economics and Marketing of Organic Produce||4|
Other Related Links:
- IGNOU Certificate in Organic Farming Admission Notification
- IGNOU COF Admission Status
- IGNOU COF Prospectus
- IGNOU COF TEE Date Sheet
- IGNOU COF TEE Hall Ticket/ Admit Card
- IGNOU COF Grade Card
- IGNOU COF TEE Result
- IGNOU COF Previous Year Question Papers