diploma in creative writing in english from ignou, diploma in creative writing in english (DCE) distance education, admission to diploma in creative writing in english in ignou, diploma in creative writing in english dce ignou:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University’s School of Humanities (SOH) has designed and developed the Diploma in Creative Writing in English programme. The University has been offering admission to DCE discipline to the students from all over the country and abroad. This is only a one year programme which means the term end examination for all the IGNOU DCE courses will be held in the month of December for the students who takes admission in January session. The students who have taken admission during the July session can appear in the exam in the month of June month of next year. If the student is unable to complete any course in any particular course then he or she may appear in the examinations which will occur in next six months. The students need to complete all the required courses within the minimum duration of one year and maximum duration of four years to obtain the Diploma in Creative Writing in English.
The main objective of Diploma in Creative Writing in English programme is to provide an opportunity to gain comprehensive knowledge, understanding, skills and professional knowledge in the art of imaginative writing in order to develop the creative ability of those interested in taking up writing as a career.
We have mentioned below the various details of DCE programme such as eligibility criteria, duration, age limit. These are as follows:
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Admission Eligibility : The candidate must be having 10+2 as basic qualification or if without 10+2 the age should be 20 years or above.
- Course Duration: Minimum duration of 1 years and Maximum duration of 4 years.
- Programme Fee: The total fee is Rs.3,000/- which has to be paid one time during the time of admisison.
- Age Eligibility : There is a minimum age limit of 20years and no maximum age bar.
Note : The programme fee may change in future, so please check the latest fee with the IGNOU Regional Centre or see latest prospectus.
In case of any query, you can contact the coordinator of the discipline at below mentioned contact details:
- Name: Dr. Neera Singh
- Email-Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone No: 011-29572790
How to Apply for admission to IGNOU DCE?
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers admission to Diploma in Creative Writing in English programme in both January and July academic cycles along with many other courses. There are a large number of learners in India who want to pursue the higher education via distance mode. So, every year the number of students who apply for admission to diploma programmes are also available in large numbers. The students can fill up IGNOU DCE Admission Form in both January and July academic cycles. The university publishes the advertisement or notification related to the admission in the month of May for July session and in the month of November for January session. The students can check the notification for the last date of admission.The details about the admission form and prospectus etc. can be checked and download from the university official website at www.ignou.ac.in. There are two ways in which interested candidates can apply for admission to distance learning DCE discipline. These are as follows :
The university has launched its Online Admission portal for the learners from all over the country to fill up IGNOU DCE Online Admission form. We have mentioned below the step you need to follow while applying for IGNOU Online admission.
- Please open the website url : https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/
- Visit the “Apply Online” link at the top menu. Under this link, you will find the link “General Instructions” as the sub menu. Just click on it and read out all the instructions carefully before filling up the online admission form for post graduate diploma programme.
- On the General Instructions page, you will find a link to download the latest “Common Prospectus”.It is advised to read out the prospectus carefully so that you will able to understand the complete details about the IGNOU DCE programme.
- The applicants need to register themselves on the website to fill up the admission application form.
- The Application fee can be paid via Bank challan, Debit Card, Credit card or Net Banking.
- After submitting up the application form and fees, please take the print out of the acknowledgement page for further reference.
In the offline mode, the students need to visit their nearest IGNOU Regional Centre and obtain the prospectus by paying the fee of Rs.200/- in cash at the counters. The students can also obtain the prospectus via a post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.250/- in favour of IGNOU, New Delhi to the following address: “REGISTRAR, Student Registration Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110068″. The students can also download the prospectus from the university official website.The IGNOU Diploma in Creative Writing admission application form can be cut from the prospectus itself. The applicant needs to submit the filled in application form in a prescribed format, the demand draft of required fee and required attested documents in the respected regional centre.
IGNOU DCE Admission / Registration Status:
The students will be able to check the registration status of the diploma in creative writing in English programme on the university official website after the two weeks from the day of submission of admission form. In case you do not find your admission status, please contact your regional centre by visiting there or by speaking to them on phone.
IGNOU DCE Courses & Syllabus:
The students has to pass out 24 credits to successfully complete the programme. It includes total of 5 Courses. We have mentioned below the list of courses with the Course name and Course Code
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|DCE 01||General Principles of Writing||4|
|Elective Courses (Choose any three)|
|DCE 02||Feature Writing (DCE 02)||4|
|DCE 03||Short Story||4|
|DCE 04||Writing for Media: Radio and Television||4|
|DCE 05||Writing Poetry (DCE 05)||4|
Other Related Links:
- IGNOU DCE Admission Status
- IGNOU DCE TEE Date Sheet
- IGNOU DCE TEE Hall Ticket/ Admit Card
- IGNOU DCE Grade Card
- IGNOU DCE TEE Result
- IGNOU DCE Previous Year Question Papers