Ignou MA Economics admission 2018 – The Indira Gandhi National Open University School of Social Sciences (SOSS) has developed the master degree programme in the field of Economics i.e Master of Arts in Economics(MEC).
The University has been offering admission to MA Economics discipline to the students from all over the country and abroad. The university has applied the two-tier approach to study this discipline. which means the examination for the MA (Economics) courses will be held only after one year i.e. the students who
It means the examination for the MA (Economics) courses will be held only after one year i.e. the students who take admission in this programme in January session can appear for the examinations in December month of same year and the students who will take admission in July session can appear for the examinations in the June month of next year.
If the student is unable to complete any course in any particular Term End Examination then he or she may appear in the examinations which will occur in next six months.
The students need to complete all the required MEC courses within the minimum duration of two years and maximum duration of five years to obtain the master degree in economics.
Programme Objective: The main objective of Master’s Degree in Economics (MEC) is to provide an opportunity to the students for higher studies in the field of Economics. It also provides the learners with the sound knowledge as well as exposure in the field of Economics.
The curriculum for economics programme includes all the core courses required to understand the discipline. Apart from the core courses, the university has included the few courses which cover the emerging areas in economics such as insurance and finance which are extremely useful in the present scenario of economic liberalization and globalization.
After completion of this programme, they would be able to develop a deep understanding of Economics and other important concepts related to it.
We have mentioned below the various details of MA Economics programme such as eligibility criteria, duration, age limit. These are as follows:
- Medium of Instruction: English & Hindi
- Eligibility: The candidate must be having Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in any discipline or equivalence from any of the recognized university.
- Course Duration: Minimum duration of 2 years and Maximum duration of 5 years.
- Fee Structure: The total fee is Rs.12,000/- which is required to be paid year wise @Rs. 6,000/- per year.
- Age Eligibility: There is no minimum and maximum age bar.
Note: The programme fee may change in future, so please check the latest fee with the IGNOU Regional Centre or see the latest prospectus.
Programme Coordinator: In the case of any query, you can contact the coordinator of the discipline at below mentioned contact details:
- Name: Prof. G. Pradhan
- Email-Id: email@example.com
- Phone No: 011-29572745
How to Apply for admission in IGNOU MA Economics? The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers admission to master degree in Economics programme in both January and July academic cycles along with many other courses.
There are a large number of learners in India who want to pursue the higher education via distance mode. So, every year the number of students who apply for admission to the master degree in Economics are also in large numbers.
The students can fill up Ignou MA Economics admission form in both January and July academic cycles. The university publishes the advertisement or notification related to the admission in the month of May for July session and in the month of November for January session.
The students can check the notification for the last date of admission.The details about the admission form and prospectus etc. can be checked and download from the university official website at www.ignou.ac.in. There are two ways in which interested candidates can apply for admission to distance learning MA (Economics) discipline. These are as
There are two ways in which interested candidates can apply for admission to distance learning MA (Economics) discipline. These are as follows:
Online mode: The university has launched its Online Admission portal for the learners from all over the country to fill up IGNOU MA Economics Online Admission form. We have mentioned below the step you need to follow while applying for IGNOU Online admission.
- Please open the website URL: https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/
- Visit the “Apply Online” link at the top menu. Under this link, you will find the link “General Instructions” as a submenu. Just click on it and read out all the instructions carefully before filling up the online admission form for MEC
- On the General Instructions page, you will find a link to download the latest “Common Prospectus”.It is advised to read out the prospectus carefully so that you will able to understand the complete details about Ignou MA Economics programme.
- The applicants need to register themselves on the website to fill up the admission application form.
- The Application fee can be paid via Bank challan, Debit Card, Credit card or Net Banking.
- After submitting the application form and fees, please take the print out of the acknowledgment page for further reference.
Offline Mode: In the offline mode, the students need to visit their nearest IGNOU Regional Centre and obtain the prospectus by paying a fee of Rs.200/- in cash at the counters. The students can also obtain the prospectus via a post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.250/- in
The students can also obtain the prospectus via a post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.250/- in favour of IGNOU, New Delhi to the following address: “REGISTRAR, Student Registration Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110068″.
The students can also download the prospectus from the university official website.The IGNOU Master of Arts in Economics admission application form can be cut from the prospectus itself. The applicant
The applicant needs to submit the filled in application form in a prescribed format, demand draft of required fee and required attested documents in the respected regional centre.
IGNOU MA Economics Admission / Registration Status: The students will be able to check the registration status of the MEC programme on the university official website after the two weeks from the day of submission of admission form. In Case you do not find your admission status, please contact your regional centre by visiting there or by speaking to them on phone.
IGNOU MA Economics Courses & Syllabus: The students has to complete 66 Credits to complete the programme. It includes the total of 11 Courses, 9 compulsory and 2 optional. All the courses covered in the first year are compulsory. In the second year, the first four courses given in the list below are compulsory while rest are optional.
IGNOU MA Economics 1st Year Courses
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits|
|MEC-001||Micro Economic Analysis||6|
|MEC-002||Macro Economic Analysis||6|
|MEC-003||Quantitative Methods for Economic Analysis||6|
|MEC-004||Economics of Growth and Development||6|
|MEC-105||Indian Economic Policy||6|
IGNOU MA Economics 2nd Year Courses
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits|
|MEC-007||International Trade and Finance||6|
|MEC-008||Economics of Social Sector and Environment||6|
|MEC-009||Research Methods in Economics||6|
|Optional Courses (Choose 12 Credits Only)|
|MECE-003||Actuarial Economics: Theory and Practice||6|
|MECE-004||Financial Institutions and Markets||6|
|MECP-001||Project Work – MECP-001||6|
Other Related Links:
- IGNOU MA Economics Admission Notification
- IGNOU MA Economics Prospectus
- IGNOU MA Economics TEE Date Sheet
- IGNOU MA Economics TEE Hall Ticket/ Admit Card
- IGNOU MA Economics Grade Card
- IGNOU MA Economics TEE Result
- IGNOU MA Economics Previous Year Question Papers