The Institute Of Management Technology (IMT) offers admission to its various distance learning management programmes through its Centre for Distance Learning which is also abbreviated as IMT-CDL.
The institute offers various Post Graduate programmes such as PGDM, PGDBA, etc. The 2 year PGDM course offered by IMT-CDL is considered same as distance learning MBA programme in the private companies. So, the large number of learners opt to take admission in the distance learning mode of education.
The institute provides the admissions to the students twice a year i.e in the January and July academic sessions. Apart from its head office which is located at Ghaziabad, the institute has set up many information centres in different cities to help learners to take admission.
These are located at Pitampura – Delhi, Karkardooma – Delhi, Janakpuri – Delhi, Dwarka – Delhi, Safdarjung – Delhi, Connaught Place – Delhi, Lajpat Nagar, Vasant Kunj, Gurgaon, Noida, Faridabad, Kolkata.
IMT Distance Learning Eligibility Criteria:
The candidate applying for admission to Two Year PGDM and One Year PG Diploma should have completed Graduation in any discipline. Apart from minimum eligible criteria of graduation degree, the candidates should possess required working experience. It can be checked in the details of other management programmes.
IMT-CDL Selection Criteria:
- The IMT-CDL selection committee conducts the screening test before offering admission to students to its various Distance Learning programmes.
- The candidate should fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria i.e He / She should be a graduate in any discipline from recognized university.
- The candidates applying for admission to Two-Year (PGDM) Programme has to face admission screening test at the any of centre of IMT CDL but the learners who apply for admission to One Year Diploma Courses do not need to appear in an entrance test. They can directly apply for admission.
- In case of One Year PGDM (Executive) Programme, the candidate must be having the minimum of 3 years work experience.
- The maximum duration to complete any distance learning course offered by IMT-CDL is the double number of years of normal duration.
The interested candidates who wish apply to any of distance learning management programmes offered by Institute Of Management Technology-Centre for Distance Learning can obtain the admission application forms from the IMT CDL Head Office or any of the Information Centres located near to them.
The duly filled-in application form in all respects should be submitted to the Head Office or Information Centres of IMT CDL along with the prescribed fee in the form of demand draft.
The candidates who do not have any information centre in their state or city can either send a Demand Draft of Rs. 1100/- to IMT CDL, A-16, Site-3, UPSIDC Industrial Area, Meerut Road, Ghaziabad in favour of IMT CDL, payable at Delhi or they can fill up the IMT-CDL Online Online Application Form at their official website at the following link:
Payment of Application Fee: The applicants can pay the prescribed application fee using the Credit/Debit Card after filling up the online application form OR they have to send the Demand Draft of Rs.1100/- in favour of IMT-CDL payable at Delhi.
- No students can apply for admission to more than course at a time. If any learner has applied for more than once course, then he or she has to cancel its registration in any one of the course but it should be noted that he or she will lose the fee paid by him/her for that course as it will not be refunded.
- In the case of foreign students, the submission of application will be based on the approval of Ministry of HRD, Government of India, including the copy of Passport and Study Visa.
Required Documents to be Attached along with the Application Form:
The candidates applying for admission has to attach following photocopy of documents along with their admission form while submitting it at IMT-CDL.
- One additional passport size photograph
- Degree or the final year mark sheet
- High School Certificate for verification of date of birth, student’s and father’s name
- Intermediate School Certificate
- ID Proof – Aadhar Card / Driving License / Passport
- Experience Certificate where applicable
- Certificate for verification of the defense personnel, SC/ST, war widows & handicapped candidates
Note: It should be noted that all the attached documents should be self-attested along with the verification of the original certificates.
IMT-CDL Admission Test:
As we have already mentioned above that the admission test for 2 year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is mandatory. The admission test shall be conducted at all the information centres of IMT CDL.
Only those candidates will be given the admission letter who will qualify this admission test. The candidates will be able to check the result of the admission test at IMT CDL official website or at their Head Office and information centres.
There are certain categories of candidates who do not need to appear in the admission test. These are as follows:
- The learners who are having two years of work experience after their graduation are exempted from admission test.
- The Candidates who have passed out in first class (60% or above) in 10th, 12th and graduation are also exempted from appearing in the entrance test.
- Technical or Legal Professionals/CA/ICWA/CS/MBBS/ M-Tech
- Holders of PG Diploma of IMT CDL’s One Year Programme
To know the date of entrance test, the candidates must refer to the admission notice or they can visit the official website of IMT CDL.