herbs and their uses, medicinal herbs and their uses, indian medicinal herbs and their uses, list of important medicinal herbs: Herbs are useful in many different ways but today we will talk about the health benefits that we can receive from different herbs. Herbs do not just add flavor to any food that you cook but are also calorie free. Herbal medicines have been in use for thousands of years now. Even today when we have discovered so many man-made medicines, doctors believe in natural treatment and consider them better than any artificial medicine that you may use.
Here are some herbs which not only add an X-factor to your food but also provide for your good health.
- Ginger: To top our list is ginger which is ever known for treating gastrointestinal issues. It can also help reduce nausea caused my morning sickness during pregnancy. It can also be effective if you suffer from joint pains. It can be easily be easily added to end number of dishes. Its distinct flavor gives an extra touch to food and especially drinks.
- Garlic: Garlic is very well known for its use in preventing cancer. Garlic also has the ability to reduce the effect of diseases like hypertension and common cold. Garlic enhances the taste and has a smell that can tickle your taste-buds and make you feel hungry and delicious.
- Rosemary: Rosemary has positive effects on our heart. It helps to aid cardiovascular diseases and also prevents damage to blood vessels. It can also be beneficial in reducing joint pain and can help improving memory and can be helpful in treating indigestion too.
- Coriander: Coriander helps to reduce bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol in the body. It has also proven beneficial in lowering sugar level in the body. It professes anti-bacterial properties. It is widely used in cooking and can enhance the taste of any dish it gets into. Garnishing with coriander is famous and coriander paste when mixed with spices can be used with almost any dish.
- Parsley: Parsley is very useful in reducing hypertension and high blood pressure. Parsley is high on anti-oxidants and vitamins especially vitamin A and C. Parsley also contains apigenin which might be helpful in reducing the growth of cancerous cells.
- Bay Leaves: Bay leaves are added to almost all drinks which can keep you warm. All cold-soothing stews usually contain bay-leaves because bay-leaves contain oil which is rich with an ingredient called cineole which is very beneficial in relieving discomfort caused by sinus. Bay leaves are also good for heart and immune system. Bay leaves can spice up your dish to taste your buds. Just keep note of removing them before serving. They should generally be not eaten whole.
There are various such herbs which are beneficial to our body internally and externally both. Eating herbs that can help you grow healthy should become a practice for those who care about their health. Adding such herbs can do no harm, they can only be beneficial on medical grounds while giving your food a different delicious taste if used properly. Incorporating herbs to food dishes is sure to show a lot of benefits.