- 1 IGNOU MA Public Administration Admission 2018
- 2 IGNOU MA Public Administration Courses & Syllabus
IGNOU MA Public Administration Admission 2018
The Indira Gandhi National Open University School of Social Sciences (SOSS) has developed the master degree programme in the field of Public Administration Literature i.e Master of Arts in Public Administration(MPA). The University has been offering admission to MA Public Administration discipline to the students from all over the country and abroad.
The university has applied the two tier approach to study this discipline which means the examination for the MPA courses will be held only after one year i.e. the students who takes admission to this programme in January session can appear for the examinations in December month of same year and the students who will take admission in July session can appear for the examinations in the June month of next year.
If the student is unable to complete any course in the any particular Term End Examination then he or she may appear in the examinations which will occur in next six months. The students need to complete all the required MA Public Administration courses within the minimum duration of two years and maximum duration of five years to obtain the master degree in public administration.
The main objective of Master’s Degree in Public Administration (MPA) programme is to provide the students with a sound knowledge in the nature and relationship of the State, Society and Administration.
We have mentioned below the various details of MA Public Administration programme such as eligibility criteria, duration, age limit. These are as follows:
- Medium of Instruction: English & Hindi
- Admission Eligibility : The candidate must be having Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in any discipline or equivalence from any of the recognized university.
- Course Duration: Minimum duration of 2 years and Maximum duration of 5 years.
- Programme Fee: The total fee is Rs.10,800/- which is required to be paid year wise @Rs. 5,400/- per year.
- Age Eligibility : There is no minimum and maximum age bar.
Note : The programme fee may change in future, so please check the latest fee with the IGNOU Regional Centre or see latest prospectus.
Programme Coordinator: In case of any query, you can contact the coordinator of the discipline at below mentioned contact details:
- Name: Prof. E. Vayunandan, Prof. Alka Dhameja
- Email-Id: [email protected], [email protected]
- Phone No: 9810333831, 9811101033
How to Apply for admission in IGNOU MA Public Administration programme?
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers admission to MPA in both January and July academic cycles along with many other courses.
There are large number of learners in India who want to pursue the higher education via distance mode. So, every year the number of students who apply for admission to master degree in Public Administration are also in large numbers. The students can fill up IGNOU MA Public Administration Admission Form in both January and July academic cycles.
The university publish the advertisement or notification related to the admission in the month of May for July session and in month of November for January session. The students can check the notification for last date of admission.The details about the Admission Form and Prospectus etc. can be checked and download from the university official website at www.ignou.ac.in.
There are two ways in which interested candidates can apply for admission to IGNOU Master of Arts in Public Administration programme. These are as follows :
Online mode: The university has launched its Online Admission portal for the learners from all over the country to fill up IGNOU MA Public Administration Online Admission form. We have mentioned below the step you need to follow while applying for IGNOU Online admission.
- Please open the website url : https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/
- Visit the “Apply Online” link at the top menu. Under this link, you will find the link “General Instructions” as sub menu. Just click on it and read out all the instructions carefully before filling up the online admission form for MPA.
- On the General Instructions page, you will find a link to download the latest “Common Prospectus”.It is advised to read out the prospectus carefully so that you will able to understand the complete details about the IGNOU MA Public Administration programme.
- The applicants need to register themselves on the website to fill up the admission application form.
- The Application fee can be paid via Bank challan, Debit Card, Credit card or Net Banking.
- After submitting up the application form and fees, please take the print out of the acknowledgement page for further reference.
Important Note: The admission via offline mode is not available anymore.Students have to apply via online mode only.
Offline Mode: In the offline mode, the students need to visit their nearest IGNOU Regional Centre and obtain the prospectus by paying fee of Rs.200/- in cash at the counters. The students can also obtain the prospectus via post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.250/- in favour of IGNOU, New Delhi to the following address: “REGISTRAR, Student Registration Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110068″.
The students can also download the prospectus from the university official website.The IGNOU Master of Arts in Public Administration admission application form can be cut from the prospectus itself. The applicant need to submit the filled in application form on a prescribed format, demand draft of required fee and required attested documents in the respected regional centre.
IGNOU MA Public Administration Admission / Registration Status
The students will be able to check the registration status of the MPA programme on the university official website after the two weeks from the day of submission of admission form. In Case you do not find your admission status, please contact your regional centre by visiting there or by speaking to them on phone.
IGNOU MA Public Administration Courses & Syllabus
IGNOU MPA First Year Courses
|MPA-011||State, Society and Public Administration||8|
|MPA-013||Public Systems Management||8|
|MPA-014||Human Resource Management||8|
IGNOU MPA Second Year Courses
|MPA-015||Public Policy and Analysis||8|
|MPA-016||Decentralisation and Local Governance||8|
|MSO 2||Research Methods and Methodologies||8|
|MPS 3||India : Democracy and Development||8|
|MPAP 2||Project Work||8|
*MPA-17 and MPA-18 courses should be taken together
Other Related Links:
- IGNOU MA Public Administration Admission Notification
- IGNOU MA Public Administration Prospectus
- IGNOU MA Public Administration TEE Date Sheet
- IGNOU MA Public Administration TEE Hall Ticket/ Admit Card
- IGNOU MA Public Administration Grade Card
- IGNOU MA Public Administration TEE Result
- IGNOU MA Public Administration Previous Year Question Papers