The Indira Gandhi National Open University provides study material to all the students who take admission to its Master of Social Work in the form of study blocks as printed material. The university provides the Ignou MSW study material free of cost at the student’s communication physical address via Registered post / Speed Post.
All these study blocks are printed by the university itself. The Ignou study material is available in both English and Hindi medium.
Sometimes, the students do not receive their study material at their address. But they don’t need to worry as they can collect their study books from their respected study centres.
The soft copy of the MSW study material is also uploaded by the university online for the student’s convenience in case if they do not receive the printed copy of study material.
You can always download the study material in the form of PDF files by visiting the website at
The students can always download the Ignou MSW study material free of cost from the university website at http://www.egyankosh.ac.in. It is available in the PDF format which is not of very big size. So, the pdf files of books can be easily downloaded without any issue.
All the student require to download the books is the working high-speed internet connection. We have provided below the list of courses for which the students can download the books for MSW programme:
- Origin and Development of Social Work (MSW-1)
- Professional Social Work: Indian Perspectives (MSW-2)
- Basic Social Science Concepts (MSW-3)
- Social Work and Social Development (MSW-4)
- Social Work Practicum and Supervision (MSW-5)
- Social Work Research (MSW-6)
- Social Work Practicum-I (Practical) (MSWL-1)
- Casework and Counselling: Working with Individuals (MSW-7)
- Social Group Work: Working with Groups (MSW-8)
- Community Organisation Management for Community Development (MSW-9)
- Social Work Practicum-II (Practical) (MSWL-2)
- HIV/AIDS: Stigma, Discrimination and Prevention (MSWE-1)
- Women & Child Development (MSWE-2)
- Disaster Management (MSWE-3)
- Introduction to Philanthropic Social Work (MSW-10)
- Dissertation (Project work) (MSWP-1)
To prepare for term end examination, the IGNOU MSW study material provided by the university is sufficient. But the students may read out the reference books mentioned by the university at the end of each study block. As we mentioned above, the students who do not receive their books at home starts getting worried about how to prepare for the upcoming examination.To help out such students, the university uploads the study material online free for enrolled as well as non-enrolled students. After downloading the books, the students can start preparing for the examination.