Ignou BLIS Admission 2018 – The Indira Gandhi National Open University’s School of Social Sciences (SOSS) has designed and developed the Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS) programme for the students who want to pursue their career in the field of library management.
The University has been offering admission to Ignou BLIS programme to the students from all over the country. It is a one year degree programme which means the term end examination for IGNOU BLIS first year subjects will be held in the month of December for the students who takes admission in January session.
The students who will apply for admission to BLIS in July session can appear for next June term end examination. The students need to complete all the required courses within the minimum duration of three years and maximum duration of six years to obtain the degree.
Ignou BLIS Admission Eligibility, Fee Structure & Programme Duration:
We have mentioned below the various details of Bachelor of Library and Information Science programme such as eligibility criteria, duration, age limit. These are as follows:
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Admission Eligibility : The learner must have completed their graduation with 50% marks and 45% for General and for the SC/ST/OBC/PH category respectively. OR they must be having Bachelor’s Degree with one year Diploma in Library Science OR the learner must be having two years of working experience in Library and Information Centre along with Bachelor’s Degree.
- Course Duration: The minimum duration is 1 year and maximum duration is 4 years to complete all the courses.
- Programme Fee: The total fee is Rs.5,000/- which has to be paid during the time of admission.
Note : The programme fee may change in future, so please check the latest fee with the IGNOU Regional Centre or see latest prospectus.
Other Related Links:
- IGNOU BLIS Admission Notification
- IGNOU BLIS Admission Status
- IGNOU BLIS Prospectus
- IGNOU BLIS Date Sheet
- IGNOU BLIS Hall Ticket/ Admit Card
- IGNOU BLIS Grade Card
- IGNOU BLIS Result
- IGNOU BLIS Previous Question Papers
In case of any query, you can contact the coordinator of the discipline at following contact details: Prof. Jaideep Sharma, [email protected], Ph. 011-29572740
How to Apply for IGNOU BLIS Admission?
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers admission to Bachelor of Library and Information Science programme in January and July academic cycle along with many other courses. There are large number of learners in India who want to pursue the higher education via distance mode.
So, every year the large number of students apply for admission to bachelor degree programmes. The students can fill up IGNOU BLIS admission form in both January and July academic cycles. The university publish the advertisement or notification related to the admission in month of November for January session and in the month of May for July session.
The students can check the notification for last date of admission.The details about the admission form and prospectus etc. can be checked and download from the university official website at www.ignou.ac.in.
There are two ways in which interested candidates can apply for admission to this distance learning bachelor degree course in library and information science. These are as follows :
IGNOU BLIS Online Admission:
The university has launched its Online Admission portal for the learners from all over the country to fill up IGNOU BLIS Online Admission form.We have mentioned below the step you need to follow while applying for IGNOU Online admission.
- Please open the website url : https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/
- Visit the “Apply Online” link at the top menu. Under this link, you will find the link “General Instructions” as sub menu. Just click on it and read out all the instructions carefully before filling up the online admission form for Bachelor Degree programme.
- On the General Instructions page, you will find a link to download the latest “Common Prospectus”.It is advised to read out the prospectus carefully so that you will able to understand the complete details about the IGNOU BLIS programme.
- The applicants need to register themselves on the website to fill up the admission application form.
- The Application fee can be paid via Bank Challan, Debit Card, Credit card or Net Banking.
- After submitting up the application form and fees, please take the print out of the acknowledgement page for further reference.
IGNOU BLIS Admission by offline mode:
In the offline mode, the students need to visit their nearest IGNOU Regional Centre and obtain the IGNOU BLIS prospectus by paying fee of Rs.200/- in cash at the counters. The students can also obtain the prospectus via post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.250/- in favour of IGNOU, New Delhi to the following address: “REGISTRAR, Student Registration Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110068″.
The students can also download the prospectus from the university official website.The IGNOU BLIS admission application form can be cut from the prospectus itself. The applicant need to submit the filled in application form on a prescribed format, demand draft of required fee and required attested documents in the respected regional centre.
IGNOU BLIS Admission / Registration Status:
The students will be able to check the registration status of the Bachelor of Library and Information Science on the university official website after the two weeks from the day of submission of admission form. In case you do not find your admission status, please contact your respective IGNOU Regional Centre by visiting there or by speaking to them on phone.
IGNOU BLIS Study Material:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University provides study material to Bachelor of Library and Information Science students in the form of study blocks as printed material. The university provides the study material at the students communication physical address via Registered post / Speed Post Read More
IGNOU BLIS Courses & Syllabus:
The students has to pass out total of 36 credits @4 credits per course to successfully complete the BLIS degree programme in minimum one year.We have mentioned below the list of courses with the Course Name and Course Codes:
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|BLI-221||Library, Information and Society||4|
|BLI-222||Information Sources and Services||4|
|BLI-223||Organising and Managing Information||4|
|BLI-226||Management of Library and Information Centre||4|
|BLI-227||Document Processing: Practice||4|
|BLI-228||Information Products and Services||4|
|BLI-229||ICT in Libraries||4|