- 1 IGNOU MSW Admission 2018
- 1.1 Programme Objective:
- 1.2 IGNOU MSW Eligibility Criteria & Other Details:
- 1.3 Programme Coordinator:
- 1.4 Important Links:
- 1.5 IGNOU MSW Admission Procedure:
- 1.6 1) IGNOU MSW Online Admission :
- 1.7 2) IGNOU MSW Admission by downloading Application form (Offline Mode) :
- 1.8 IGNOU MSW Admission / Registration Status:
- 1.9 IGNOU MSW Courses & Syllabus:
- 1.10 IGNOU MSW First Year Courses
- 1.11 IGNOU MSW Second Year Courses
IGNOU MSW Admission 2018
The Indira Gandhi National Open University’s School of Social Work (SOSW) has designed and developed the Master of Social Work (MSW) programme for the students who want to pursue their career in the field of social work. The University offers IGNOU MSW admission to the students from all over the country. Related Posts: IGNOU MSW Study Material
It is a two-year master degree programme which means the term end examination for IGNOU MSW first year subjects will be held in the month of December for the students who takes admission in January session. The students who will apply for admission to the programme in July session can appear for examination in June term end examination next year.
Programme Duration: The students need to complete all the required courses within the minimum duration of two years and maximum duration of five years to obtain the degree.
The last date of IGNOU MSW admission for both January and July session can be checked in the IGNOU admission notification page on university official website.
The main objective of this programme is to provide the opportunity for higher studies in Social Work to the learners across the country. They will learn the skills to do the social work by providing the professional assistance to the people in need. After pursuing the IGNOU Master of Social Work course, the people can provide their professional assistance in many different socially relevant areas. After completing the Master’s Degree in Social Work, the students can apply for jobs in the related fields as well as in the teaching as well. The learners should get entry level job easily in this field after completion of their master degree. Also, Check out Distance MBA From IGNOU.
IGNOU MSW Eligibility Criteria & Other Details:
We have mentioned below the various details of IGNOU Master of Social Work programme such as eligibility criteria, duration, age limit. These are as follows:
- Medium of Instruction: English & Hindi
- Admission Eligibility : The candidate must be having Bachelor’s degree or higher degree from recognised university.
- Course Duration: The minimum duration is 2 years and maximum duration is 5 years to complete all the courses.
- Programme Fee: The total fee is Rs.27,000/- which has to be paid @Rs.13,500/- per year.
Note : The programme fee may change in future, so please check the latest fee with the IGNOU Regional Centre or see the latest prospectus.
In the case of any query, you can contact the coordinator of the discipline at following contact details. Name: Dr Saumya, Email-Id:[email protected], Ph: 011-29571696
- IGNOU MSW Admission Status
- IGNOU MSW Date Sheet
- IGNOU MSW Hall Ticket/ Admit Card
- IGNOU MSW Grade Card
- IGNOU MSW Result
- IGNOU MSW Previous Year Question Papers
IGNOU MSW Admission Procedure:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers admission to Master of Social Work course in January and July academic cycle along with many other courses. There are a large number of learners in India who want to pursue the higher education via distance mode. So, every year a large number of students apply for admission to bachelor degree programmes. The students can fill up IGNOU MSW admission form in both January and July academic cycles.
The university publishes the advertisement or notification related to the admission in the month of November for January session and in the month of May for July session. The students can check the notification for the last date of admission.The details about the IGNOU MSW admission form and prospectus etc. can be checked and download from the university official website at www.ignou.ac.in. There are two ways in which interested candidates can apply for admission to distance learning bachelor degree course. These are as follows :
1) IGNOU MSW Online Admission :
The university has launched its Online Admission portal for the learners from all over the country to fill up IGNOU MSW Online Admission form. We have mentioned below the step you need to follow while applying for IGNOU Online admission.
- Please open the website URL : https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/
- Visit the “Apply Online” link at the top menu. Under this link, you will find the link “General Instructions” as a submenu. Just click on it and read out all the instructions carefully before filling up the online admission form for Master Degree programme.
- On the General Instructions page, you will find a link to download the latest “Common Prospectus”.It is advised to read out the prospectus carefully so that you will able to understand the complete details about the IGNOU MSW programme.
- The applicants need to register themselves on the website to fill up the admission application form.
- The Application fee can be paid via Bank challan, Debit Card, Credit card or Net Banking.
- After submitting the application form and fees, please take the print out of the acknowledgement page for further reference.
2) IGNOU MSW Admission by downloading Application form (Offline Mode) :
In the offline mode, the students need to visit their nearest IGNOU Regional Centre and obtain the IGNOU MSW Prospectus by paying the fee of Rs.200/- in cash at the counters. The students can also obtain the prospectus via a post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.250/- in favour of IGNOU, New Delhi to the following address: “REGISTRAR, Student Registration Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110068″. The students can also download the prospectus from the university official website.The IGNOU MSW admission application form can be cut from the prospectus itself. The applicant needs to submit the filled in application form in a prescribed format, a demand draft of required fee and required attested documents in the respected regional centre.
IGNOU MSW Admission / Registration Status:
The students will be able to check the registration status of the Master of Social Work on the university official website after the two weeks from the day of submission of admission form. In case you do not find your admission status, please contact your regional centre by visiting there or by speaking to them on phone.
IGNOU MSW Courses & Syllabus:
The students have to pass out the total of 66 credits in three years to successfully complete the programme. We have mentioned below the list of courses with the Course name and Course Code:
IGNOU MSW First Year Courses
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits|
|MSW-001||Origin and Development of Social Work||4|
|MSW-002||Professional Social Work: Indian Perspectives||4|
|MSW-003||Basic Social Science Concepts||4|
|MSW -004||Social Work and Social Development||4|
|MSW-005||Social Work Practicum and Supervision||4|
|MSW-006||Social Work Research||6|
|MSWL-001||Social Work Practicum-1 (Practical)||10|
IGNOU MSW Second Year Courses
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits|
|MSW-007||Case Work and Counselling : Working with individuals||4|
|MSW-008||Social Group Work : Working with Groups||4|
|MSW-009||Community Organization Management for community Development||4|
|MSWL-002||Social Work Practicum-II (Practical)||10|
|Elective Courses (Choose any two)|
|MSWE-001||HIV/AIDS : Stigma, Discrimination and Prevention||4|
|MSWE-002||Women & Child Development||4|
|MSW-10||Introduction to Philanthropic Social Work||4|
|MSWP 1||Dissertation (Project work)||4|