diploma in nursing administration from ignou, diploma in nursing administration distance learning, diploma in nursing administration (DNA) distance education, admission to diploma in nursing administration in ignou: The Indira Gandhi National Open University’s School of Health Sciences (SOHS) has designed and developed the Diploma in Nursing Administration programme for the learners who want to pursue their career in the field of Nursing Administration.The University has been offering admission to DNA discipline to the students from all over the country and abroad. This is only a one year programme which means the term end examination for all the IGNOU DNA courses will be held in the month of December for the students who takes admission in January session. If the student is unable to complete any course in the any particular course then he or she may appear in the examinations which will occur in next six months. The students need to complete all the required courses within the minimum duration of one year and maximum duration of three years to obtain the Diploma in Nursing Administration.
Objective: The main objective of diploma in nursing administration programme is to upgrade the knowledge and administrative skills of nurses working in hospitals, communities and health centres. It is of great advantage for the nurses that they can take up the responsibilities in administration department in hospitals and health care centres where they can apply the various skills required in their day to day working.
To know more about this programme, please visit the university official website: Click Here
We have mentioned below the various details of DNA programme such as eligibility criteria, duration, age limit. These are as follows:
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Admission Eligibility : The candidate must be having General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with two years of experience in the profession. (for male nurses or nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme should have a certificate in any of the nursing
course of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery) OR
they should be having B.Sc. (Nursing) with no experience required
- Course Duration: Minimum duration of 1 years and Maximum duration of 3 years.
- Programme Fee: The total fee is Rs.9,000/- which has to be paid one time during the time of admisison.
- Age Eligibility : There is no minimum and maximum age bar.
Note : The programme fee may change in future, so please check the latest fee with the IGNOU Regional Centre or see latest prospectus.
- For GNM: The merit list will be made by taking 60% of the RNRM marks. To this weightage for experience will be added according to the following criteria. For every year of experience, 2 marks weightage will be given, maximum up to 20 years of experience over and above the eligibility criteria.
- For B.Sc. (Nursing): The merit list will be prepared on the basis of total marks obtained in B.Sc.(N) 100% weightage to be taken for total marks obtained. No weightage will be given to experience.
Programme Coordinator: In case of any query, you can contact the coordinator of the discipline at below mentioned contact details:
- Name: Mrs. Laxmi, Ms. Neerja Sood
- Email-Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply for admission to IGNOU DNA programme? The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers admission to Diploma in Nursing Administration programme in January academic cycle along with many other courses. There are large number of learners in India who want to pursue the higher education via distance mode. So, every year the number of students who apply for admission to diploma programmes are also available in large numbers. The students can fill up IGNOU DNA Admission Form in both January and July academic cycles. The university publish the advertisement or notification related to the admission in month of November for January session. The students can check the notification for last date of admission.The details about the admission form and prospectus etc. can be checked and download from the university official website at www.ignou.ac.in. There are two ways in which interested candidates can apply for admission to distance learning DNA discipline. These are as follows :
Online mode: The university has launched its Online Admission portal for the learners from all over the country to fill up IGNOU DNA Online Admission form. We have mentioned below the step you need to follow while applying for IGNOU Online admission.
- Please open the website url : https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/
- Visit the “Apply Online” link at the top menu. Under this link, you will find the link “General Instructions” as sub menu. Just click on it and read out all the instructions carefully before filling up the online admission form for post graduate diploma programme.
- On the General Instructions page, you will find a link to download the latest “Common Prospectus”.It is advised to read out the prospectus carefully so that you will able to understand the complete details about the IGNOU DNA programme.
- The applicants need to register themselves on the website to fill up the admission application form.
- The Application fee can be paid via Bank challan, Debit Card, Credit card or Net Banking.
- After submitting up the application form and fees, please take the print out of the acknowledgement page for further reference.
Offline Mode: In the offline mode, the students need to visit their nearest IGNOU Regional Centre and obtain the prospectus by paying fee of Rs.200/- in cash at the counters. The students can also obtain the prospectus via post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.250/- in favour of IGNOU, New Delhi to the following address: “REGISTRAR, Student Registration Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110068″. The students can also download the prospectus from the university official website.The IGNOU Diploma in Nursing Administration admission application form can be cut from the prospectus itself. The applicant need to submit the filled in application form on a prescribed format, demand draft of required fee and required attested documents in the respected regional centre.
IGNOU DNA Admission / Registration Status: The students will be able to check the registration status of the diploma in creative writing in English programme on the university official website after the two weeks from the day of submission of admission form. In case you do not find your admission status, please contact your regional centre by visiting there or by speaking to them on phone.
IGNOU DNA Courses & Syllabus: The students has to pass out 28 credits (Theory 16 credits, Practical 12 credits) to successfully complete the programme. It includes total of 5 Courses. We have mentioned below the list of courses with the Course name and Course Code:
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|BNS-011||Principles and Practice of Nursing Administration -BNS-011||4|
|BNS-012||Management of Educational Institute, Hospital and Community -BNS-012||4|
|BNS-013||Group Dynamics (BNS-013)||4|
|BNS-014||Resource Management (BNS-014)||4|
|BNSL-011||Nursing Service Administration Practical Manual-I &|
Other Related Links:
- IGNOU DNA Admission Notification
- IGNOU DNA Admission Status
- IGNOU DNA Prospectus
- IGNOU DNA TEE Date Sheet
- IGNOU DNA TEE Hall Ticket/ Admit Card
- IGNOU DNA Grade Card
- IGNOU DNA TEE Result
- IGNOU DNA Previous Year Question Papers