The learners can apply for Ignou M.Com admission in any of January or July academic cycle.The Indira Gandhi National Open University School of Management Studies has developed this innovative master degree programme in the field of commerce i.e Master of Commerce (M.Com) with Specialisation in International Business Operations.
It is the biggest business school in Open Learning System in the world. Ignou is offering admission to M.Com discipline to the students from all over the country and abroad. The university has applied the two-tier approach to study this discipline which means the examination for the M.Com courses will be held only after one year.
Students who take admission to M.Com in January session can appear for the examinations in December month of same year and the students who will take admission in July session can appear for the examinations in the June month of next year.
Students need to complete all the required M.Com courses within the minimum duration of two years and maximum duration of five years to obtain the master degree in commerce. You can also read about master in social work distance learning from ignou.
Related Post: Ignou MCOM Hall Ticket, Ignou Admission, Ignou Common Prospectus, Ignou Date Sheet, Ignou Result
The main objective of this programme is to develop the skills such as conceptual, entrepreneurial and analytical among the learners which are very much required to handle any business operation, particularly in International Business. The curriculum or syllabus of this focuses on the applied aspects of Business Operations.
We have mentioned below the various details of M.Com programme such as eligibility criteria, duration, age limit. These are as follows:
- Admission Eligibility : The candidate must be having a bachelor degree in any discipline or equivalence from any of the recognized university.
- Course Duration: Minimum duration of 2 years and Maximum duration of 5 years.
- Programme Fee: The total fee is Rs. 11,000/- which is required to be paid year wise @Rs. 5,500/- per year.
- Age Eligibility : There is no minimum and maximum age bar.
Note : The programme fee may change in future, so please check the latest fee with the IGNOU Regional Centre or see the latest prospectus.
- Name: Prof. Madhu Tyagi
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph. 011-29535747
How to Apply for admission to Ignou M.Com?
The Indira Gandhi National Open University is one of the biggest Open Distance Learning Universities in the world.The university offers admission to M.Com in both January and July academic cycles along with many other courses.
There are a large number of learners in India who want to pursue the higher education via distance mode. So, every year the number of students who apply for admission to the master degree in commerce are also in large numbers.
Students can fill up Ignou M.Com admission form in both January and July academic cycles. The university publishes the advertisement or notification related to the admission in the month of May for July session and in the month of November for January session.
The students can check the notification for the last date of M.Com admission.The details about the Admission Form and Prospectus etc. can be checked and download from the university official website at www.ignou.ac.in.
There are two ways in which interested candidates can apply for admission to IGNOU Master of Commerce programme. These are as follows :
Online mode: The university has launched its Online Admission portal for the learners from all over the country to fill up IGNOU M.Com Online Admission form. We have mentioned below the step you need to follow while applying for IGNOU Online admission.
- Please open the website URL : https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/
- Visit the “Apply Online” link at the top menu. Under this link, you will find the link “General Instructions” as the sub menu. Just click on it and read out all the instructions carefully before filling up the online admission form.
- On the General Instructions page, you will find a link to download the latest “Common Prospectus”. It is advised to read out the prospectus carefully so that you will able to understand the complete details about your programme.
- The applicants need to register themselves on the website to fill up the admission application form.
- The Application fee can be paid via Bank challan, Debit Card, Credit card or Net Banking.
- After submitting the application form and fees, please take the print out of the acknowledgment page for further reference.
Offline Mode: In the offline mode, the students need to visit their nearest IGNOU Regional Centre and obtain the prospectus by paying prospectus fee of Rs.200/- in cash at the counters. The students can also obtain the prospectus via a post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.250/- in favour of IGNOU, New Delhi to the following address: “REGISTRAR, Student Registration Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110068″.
The students can also download the prospectus from the university website.The admission application form can be cut from the prospectus itself. The applicant needs to submit the filled in application form in a prescribed format, the demand draft of required programme fee and required attested documents in the respected regional centre.
IGNOU M.Com Admission / Registration Status:
The students will be able to check their programme registration status on the university official website after the two weeks from the day of submission of admission form. In Case you do not find your admission status, please contact your regional centre by visiting there or by speaking to them on phone.
IGNOU M.Com Courses & Syllabus:
First Year Courses
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|IBO 1||International Business Environment||6|
|IBO 2||International Marketing Management||6|
|IBO 3||India’s Foreign Trade||6|
|IBO 4||Export Import Procedures and Documentation||6|
|IBO 5||International Marketing Logistics||6|
|IBO 6||International Business Finance||6|
Second Year Courses
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|MCO 1||Organization Theory and Behaviour||6|
|MCO 3||Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis||6|
|MCO 4||Business Environment||6|
|MCO 5||Accounting for Managerial Decisions||6|
|MCO 6||Marketing Management||6|
|MCO 7||Financial Management||6|
Other Related Links: