- 1 IGNOU BA Online Admission
- 1.1 Programme Objective:
- 1.2 Programme Details:
- 1.3 Programme Coordinator:
- 1.4 Other Related Links:
- 1.5 How to Apply for admission to IGNOU BA?
- 1.6 IGNOU BA Online Admission mode:
- 1.7 IGNOU BA Admission Offline Mode:
- 1.8 IGNOU BDP (BA) Admission / Registration Status:
- 1.9 Scheme of Study:
- 1.10 How to Choose Courses for B.A.?
- 1.11 IGNOU BA Courses & Syllabus:
- 1.12 IGNOU BA Elective Courses
IGNOU BA Online Admission
The Indira Gandhi National Open University’s School of Social Sciences (SOSS) has designed and developed the Bachelor Degree Programme (BDP) – Bachelor of Arts(BA) for the students who want to pursue their career in the field of arts.
The University offers admission to BA programme to the students from all over the country in the following streams: English, Mathematics, Public Administration, Urdu, Hindi, Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology and Philosophy.
The Ignou fee structure of BA programme is mentioned below in this post. It is a three-year degree programme where courses have been divided into three years. It means the term end examination for BA first year courses will be held in the month of December for the students who takes admission in January session.
The students who will apply for admission to BA in July session can appear for next June term end examination. The students need to complete all the required courses of bachelor degree programme within the minimum duration of three years and maximum duration of six years to obtain the degree. Also, read about BA Tourism Studies (BTS).
The students can pursue their BA degree in two ways i.e. BA (Major) and BA(General). The explanation of both types has been mentioned below:
- B.A. (Major): In case, if any student wants to do specialization in particular discipline in depth, then he can choose to do BA (Major) in any one of the following: English, Hindi, Urdu, Economics, History, Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology, Psychology, Philosophy and Mathematics. In future, he or she can pursue their studies for postgraduate studies for same discipline. In this case, the learners need to select the courses worth 48 credits from that discipline, except for Mathematics. To do specialization in mathematics, the learner has to select courses worth 40 credits from Mathematics to obtain BA Major in Mathematics.
- B.A. (General): In this case, it is not necessary to choose courses from all the available disciplines because if you do might not end up with enough knowledge in any of the disciplines. So, be careful while choosing the disciplines for pursuing BA as general. Please try to select your courses of your choice from 2 or 3 disciplines so that after completing the bachelor degree you must have enough knowledge about those.
The main objective of the university to offer this discipline is to provide admission to learners in the bachelor degree programme from all over the country and abroad who do not have the formal qualification of 10+2 or equivalent or those who have 10+2 as their basic qualification. There are many students all over the country who have left their studies after 10th for various reasons.
But they now want to continue their studies and get the bachelor degree. For these students, the university offers six month Bachelor Preparatory Programme. After completing this discipline, the learners can get admission to IGNOU Bachelor of Arts programme.
The University provides admission to students to its Bachelors Degree Programme for both formal and non-formal scheme. After completing the Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, the students can study further to pursue the master degree as Master of Arts(MA) at IGNOU or at any other University/Institute.
The learners should easily get the entry-level job in many fields after completion of their bachelor degree as this is the basic education requirement in today’s scenario. Also, read about IGNOU BLIS admission.
We have mentioned below the various details of Bachelor Degree Programme (BDP) – BA programme such as eligibility criteria, duration, age limit. These are as follows:
- Medium of Instruction: English & Hindi
- Admission Eligibility : The candidate must be having 12th pass or its equivalent or BPP from IGNOU
- Course Duration: The minimum duration is 3 years and maximum duration is 6 years to complete all the courses.
- Programme Fee: The total fee is Rs.6,000/- which has to be paid @Rs.2000/- per year.
Note : The programme fee may change in future, so please check the latest fee with the IGNOU Regional Centre or see the latest prospectus.
In the case of any query, you can contact the coordinator of the discipline at following contact details: Director, SSC, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph. 011-29572511-14, 29572516-17
Other Related Links:
- IGNOU Bachelor of Arts (BA) Admission Notification
- IGNOU Bachelor of Arts (BA) Admission Status
- IGNOU Bachelor of Arts (BA) Prospectus
- IGNOU BDP (BA) Study Material
- IGNOU BA Date Sheet
- IGNOU BA Hall Ticket
- IGNOU BA Grade Card
- IGNOU BA Result
- IGNOU BA Previous Question Papers
How to Apply for admission to IGNOU BA?
The Indira Gandhi National Open University offers admission to Bachelor of Arts (BA) in January and July academic cycle along with many other courses. There are a large number of learners in India who want to pursue the higher education via distance mode. So, every year a large number of students apply for admission to bachelor degree programmes.
The students can fill up BA admission form in both January and July academic cycles. The university publishes the advertisement or notification related to the admission in the month of November for January session and in the month of May for July session. The students can check the notification for the last date of admission.
The details about the admission form and prospectus etc. can be checked and download from the university official website at www.ignou.ac.in. There are two ways in which interested candidates can apply for admission to distance learning bachelor degree course. These are as follows :
IGNOU BA Online Admission mode:
The university has launched its Online Admission portal for the learners from all over the country to fill up IGNOU BA Online Admission form. We have mentioned below the step you need to follow while applying for IGNOU Online admission.
- Please open the website URL : https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/
- Visit the “Apply Online” link at the top menu. Under this link, you will find the link “General Instructions” as a submenu. Just click on it and read out all the instructions carefully before filling up the online admission form for Bachelor Degree programme.
- On the General Instructions page, you will find a link to download the latest “Common Prospectus”.It is advised to read out the prospectus carefully so that you will able to understand the complete details about the IGNOU BA programme.
- The applicants need to register themselves on the website to fill up the admission application form.
- The Application fee can be paid via Bank challan, Debit Card, Credit card or Net Banking.
- After submitting the application form and fees, please take the print out of the acknowledgment page for further reference.
IGNOU BA Admission Offline Mode:
In the offline mode, the students need to visit their nearest IGNOU Regional Centre and obtain the IGNOU BA prospectus by paying the fee of Rs.200/- in cash at the counters. The students can also obtain the prospectus via a post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.250/- in favor of IGNOU, New Delhi to the following address: “REGISTRAR, Student Registration Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110068″.
The students can also download the prospectus from the university official website.The IGNOU BA admission application form can be cut from the prospectus itself. The applicant needs to submit the filled in application form in a prescribed format, the demand draft of required fee and required attested documents in the respected regional centre.
IGNOU BDP (BA) Admission / Registration Status:
The students will be able to check the registration status of their admission to IGNOU BDP programme (BA) on the university official website after the two weeks from the day of submission of admission form. In case you do not find your admission status, please contact your regional centre by visiting there or by speaking to them on the phone.
Scheme of Study:
To complete the Bachelor’s Degree Programme (BDP) (BA) within the specific minimum time period of three years, the learners are allowed to take courses worth 32 credits in each year.
- In First Year, the students should take the prescribed credits in Foundation Courses (BSHF 101, FEG 1 or FHD 2 and FEG 2 or any one of MILs or FST 1), and the remaining credits in Elective Courses.
- In the second year, you should take the remaining credits of Foundation Course and Elective Courses.
- In the third year, You have to take 16 or 24 credits in Elective Courses and 16 or 8 credits in Application Oriented Courses.
How to Choose Courses for B.A.?
In the first year of study, you should take 16 credits in Foundation Courses (BSHF101, FEG1 or FHD2 and FEG2 or any one of MILs), and the remaining 16 credits in Elective Courses. In the second year, you should take the remaining 8 credits of Foundation Course (FST1) and Elective Courses. In the third year, you should take 16 or 24 credits in Elective courses and 16 or 8 credits in Application-Oriented Courses. We discuss below the choices available in all these groups.
IGNOU BA Courses & Syllabus:
The students have to pass out the total of 96 credits @ 32 credits per year to successfully complete the programme in minimum three years.We have mentioned below the list of courses with the Course name and Course Codes. To complete 96 credits, the learners have to choose the credits from three different categories : (1) Foundation Course (2) Elective Courses and (3) Application-Oriented Courses
|Programme||Foundation Courses||Elective Courses||Application Oriented Courses|
|BA||24 Credits||56 Credits or 64 Credits||16 or 8 Credits|
|B.Sc||24 Credits||56 Credits or 64 Credits from Chemistry, Life Sciences, Mathematics and Physics (At least 25% of the total credits in Physics, Chemistry & Life Science have to be obtained from Laboratory Courses)||16 or 8 Credits|
Note: Along with these courses, the learner has to study an awareness course on environment namely – ‘An Introduction to the Environment’ (NEV1).
To check the all the IGNOU BA courses which come under the above mentioned three categories, Please click on the link mentioned below:
- IGNOU BA Foundation Courses
- IGNOU BA Application Oriented Courses
- IGNOU BA Elective Courses – These are mentioned below:
IGNOU BA Elective Courses
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|IGNOU BA Hindi Courses|
|BHDE 101||Hindi Gadya (Revised course of EHD-1)||8|
|EHD 2||Hindi Kavya||8|
|EHD 3||Hindi Sahitya ka Itihas evam Sahitya Parichaya||8|
|EHD 4||Madhya Kaleen Bhartiya Sahitya: Samaj aur Sanskriti||8|
|EHD 5||Adhunik Bhartiya Sahitya: Rashtriya Chetna aur Navjagran (Revised Course)||8|
|BHDE 106||Hindi Bhasha : Itihas aur Vartman (Revised Course EHD-6)||8|
|BHDE 107||Hindi Sanrachna (Revised Course EHD-7)||8|
|BHDE 108||Prayojanmoolak Hindi (Revised Course EHD-8 )||8|
|IGNOU BA English Courses|
|BEGE 101||From Language to Literature||8|
|BEGE 102||The Structure of Modern English||8|
|BEGE 103||Communication Skills in English||8|
|BEGE 104||English for Business Communication||8|
|BEGE 105||Understanding Prose||8|
|BEGE 106||Understanding Poetry||8|
|BEGE 107||Understanding Drama||8|
|BEGE 108||Reading the Novel||8|
|IGNOU BA Urdu Courses|
|BULE 1||Elements of Urdu Structure||8|
|BULE 2||History of Urdu Language||8|
|BULE 3||Urdu Poetry||8|
|BULE 4||Urdu Fiction||8|
|BULE 5||Urdu Non-Fiction Prose||8|
|BULE 6||History of Urdu Literature||8|
|IGNOU BA Political Science Courses|
|EPS 11||Political Ideas and Ideologies||8|
|BPSE 212||Government and Politics in India||8|
|EPS 3||Modern Indian Political Thought||8|
|EPS 15||South Asia: Economy, Society and Politics||8|
|EPS 6||Government and Political in East and South East Asia||8|
|EPS 7||International Relations||8|
|EPS 8||Government and Politics in Australia||8|
|EPS 9||Comparative Government and Politics||8|
|IGNOU BA History Courses|
|EHI 1||Modern India: 1857-1964||8|
|EHI 2||India: Earliest Times to the 8th Century A.D.||8|
|EHI 3||India: From 8th Century to 15th Century A.D.||8|
|EHI 4||India: From 16th to Mid 18th Century||8|
|EHI 5||India: From Mid 18th to Mid 19th Century||8|
|EHI 6||History of China and Japan : 1840-1949||8|
|EHI 7||Modern Europe: Mid Eighteenth to Mid Twentieth Century||8|
|IGNOU BA Economics Courses|
|BECE 15||Elementary Mathematical Methods in Economics||8|
|BECE 16||Economic Development: Comparative Analysis & Contemporary Issues||8|
|BECE 107||Industrial Development in India||8|
|EEC 10||National Income Accounting||8|
|EEC 11||Fundamentals of Economics||8|
|BECE 2||Indian Economic Development: Issues and Perspectives||8|
|EEC 13||Elementary Statistical Methods and Survey Techniques||8|
|BECE 214||Agricultural Development in India||8|
|IGNOU BA Public Administration Courses|
|EPA 1||Administrative Theory||8|
|BPAE 102||Indian Administration||8|
|EPA 3||Development Administration||8|
|EPA 4||Personnel Administration||8|
|EPA 5||Financial Administration||8|
|EPA 6||Public Policy||8|
|IGNOU BA Sociology Courses|
|ESO 11||The Study of Society||8|
|ESO 12||Society in India||8|
|ESO 13||Sociological Thought||8|
|ESO 14||Society and Stratification||8|
|ESO 15||Society and Religion||8|
|ESO 16||Social Problems in India||8|
|IGNOU BA Philosophy Courses|
|BPY 1||Indian Philosophy: Part I||4|
|BPY 2||Logic: Classical and Symbolic||4|
|BPY 3||Ancient and Medieval Philosophy||4|
|BPY 4||Religions of the World||4|
|BPY 5||Indian Philosophy: Part II||4|
|BPY 8||Modern Western Philosophy||4|
|BPY 9||Contemporary Western Philosophy||4|
|BPY 11||Philosophy of Human Person||4|
|BPY 12||Philosophy of Science and Cosmology||4|
|BPYE 1||Philosophy of Religion||4|
|BPYE 2||Tribal and Dalit Philosophy||4|
|IGNOU BA Psychology Courses (Psychology courses are available in English medium only)|
|BPC 1||General Psychology|
|BPC 2||Developmental Psychology|
|BPC 3||Research Methods in Psychology|
|BPC 4||Statistics in Psychology|
|BPC 5||Theories of Personality|
|BPC 6||Social Psychology|
|BPCL 7||Practicals in Psychological Testing ( It is compulsory for B.A. (Psychology) major students. These courses would not be offered to B.A. General Students.)|
|BPCL 8||Practical in Experimental Psychology ( It is compulsory for B.A. (Psychology) major students. These courses would not be offered to B.A. General Students.)|
|BPCE 11||School Psychology|
|BPCE 13||Motivation and Emotion|
|BPCE 15||Industrial and Organisational Psychology|
|BPCE 17||Introduction to Counselling Psychology|
|BPCE 19||Environmental Psychology|
|BPCE 21||Forensic Psychology|
|BPCE 22*||Practicals in Clinical Psychology OR|
Practicals in Industrial & 4
Orgnisational Psychology OR Practicals in Counselling
|BPCE 23*||Internship in Psychology||4|