IGNOU B.Com Online Admission
The Indira Gandhi National Open University’s School of Management Studies (SOMS) has designed and developed the Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) programme for the students who want to pursue their career in the field of commerce and economy. The University has been offering IGNOU B.Com admission to the students from all over the country. Related Post: IGNOU M.Com Admission
It is a three-year degree programme which means the term end examination for IGNOU B.Com first year subjects will be held in the month of December for the students who takes admission in January session.
The students who will apply for admission to B.Com in July session can appear for next June term end examination. The students need to complete all the required courses of IGNOU B.Com programme within the minimum duration of three years and maximum duration of six years to obtain the degree.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University also offers admission to B.Com programmes such as B.Com (A&F), B.Com(F& CA), B.Com (CA & A) in collaboration with Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), Institute of Company Secretaries of India(ICSI) and Institute of Cost Accountants of India(ICAI).
The main objective of this programme is to provide the admission to students to pursue their career in the field of accounting and commerce. The admission to this bachelor degree programme has been provided through two streams i.e. Formal and Non-Formal.
- Non-formal: The students who do not have passed 10+2 or its equivalent comes under the non-formal stream. If these learners want to apply for admission to B.Com, they have to pass out Bachelor’s Preparatory Programme from IGNOU.
- Formal: In another case, those students who have 10+2 or its equivalent qualification comes under the formal stream and they can directly apply for admission.
We have mentioned below the various details of Bachelor of Commerce programme such as eligibility criteria, duration, age limit. These are as follows:
- Medium of Instruction: English & Hindi
- Admission Eligibility : The candidate must be having 12th pass or its equivalent or BPP from IGNOU
- Course Duration: The minimum duration is 3 years and maximum duration is 6 years to complete all the courses.
- Programme Fee: The total fee is Rs.6,000/- which has to be paid @Rs.2000/- per year.
Note : The programme fee may change in future, so please check the latest fee with the IGNOU Regional Centre or see the latest prospectus.
In the case of any query, you can contact the coordinator of the discipline at following contact details. Director, SSC, email@example.com, Ph. 011-29572511-14, 29572516-17
How to Apply for admission to IGNOU B.Com?
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers admission to Bachelor of Commerce programme in January and July academic cycle along with many other courses. There are a large number of learners in India who want to pursue the higher education via distance mode. So, every year a large number of students apply for admission to bachelor degree programmes.
The students can fill up Ignou B.Com admission form in both January and July academic cycles. The university publishes the advertisement or notification related to the admission in the month of November for January session and in the month of May for July session.
The students can check the notification for the last date of admission.The details about the admission form and prospectus etc. can be checked and download from the university official website at www.ignou.ac.in. There are two ways in which interested candidates can apply for admission to distance learning bachelor degree course. These are as follows :
Online mode: The university has launched its Online Admission portal for the learners from all over the country to fill up IGNOU B.Com Online Admission form. We have mentioned below the step you need to follow while applying for IGNOU Online admission.
- Please open the website URL : https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/
- Visit the “Apply Online” link at the top menu. Under this link, you will find the link “General Instructions” as a sub menu. Just click on it and read out all the instructions carefully before filling up the online admission form for Bachelor Degree programme.
- On the General Instructions page, you will find a link to download the latest “Common Prospectus”.It is advised to read out the prospectus carefully so that you will able to understand the complete details about the IGNOU B.Com programme.
- The applicants need to register themselves on the website to fill up the admission application form.
- The Application fee can be paid via Bank challan, Debit Card, Credit card or Net Banking.
- After submitting the application form and fees, please take the print out of the acknowledgement page for further reference.
Offline Mode: In the offline mode, the students need to visit their nearest IGNOU Regional Centre and obtain the IGNOU B.Com prospectus by paying the fee of Rs.200/- in cash at the counters. The students can also obtain the prospectus via a post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.250/- in favour of IGNOU, New Delhi to the following address: “REGISTRAR, Student Registration Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110068″.
The students can also download the prospectus from the university official website.The IGNOU B.Com admission application form can be cut from the prospectus itself. The applicant needs to submit the filled in application form in a prescribed format, a demand draft of required fee and required attested documents in the respected regional centre.
Other Related Links:
- IGNOU B.Com Admission Notification
- IGNOU B.Com Admission Status
- IGNOU B.Com Prospectus
- IGNOU B.Com TEE Date Sheet
- IGNOU B.Com TEE Hall Ticket/ Admit Card
- IGNOU B.Com Grade Card
- IGNOU B.Com TEE Result
- IGNOU B.Com Previous Year Question Papers
IGNOU B.Com Admission / Registration Status:
The students will be able to check the registration status of the Bachelor of Commerce on the university official website after the two weeks from the day of submission of admission form. In case you do not find your admission status, please contact your regional centre by visiting there or by speaking to them on phone.
IGNOU B.Com Study Material:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University provides study material to all the students who take admission to Bachelor of Commerce in the form of study blocks. The university provides the study material at the student’s communication physical address via Registered post / Speed Post. All these study blocks are printed by the university itself.
Sometimes, the students do not receive their study material at their address. But they don’t need to worry as they can collect their study books from their respected study centres. The soft copy of the study blocks is also uploaded by university online for the student’s convenience in case if they do not receive their study material. You can always download the IGNOU B.Com study material in the form of PDF files by visiting the website at http://www.egyankosh.ac.in.
IGNOU B.Com Courses & Syllabus:
The students have to pass out the total of 96 credits @ 32 credits per year to successfully complete the B.Com degree programme in minimum three years.We have mentioned below the list of courses with the Course name and Course Codes. To complete 96 credits, the learners have to choose the credits from three different categories : (1) Foundation Course (2) Elective Courses and (3) Application-Oriented Courses
|Programme||Foundation Courses||Elective Courses||Application Oriented Courses|
|B.Com||24 Credits||56 Credits or 64 Credits (not less than 48 credits from Commerce)||16 or 8 Credits|
Note: Along with these courses, the learner has to study an awareness course on environment namely – ‘An Introduction to the Environment’ (NEV1).
To check the all the IGNOU B.Com courses which come under the above mentioned three categories, Please click on the link mentioned below: