ma political science ignou, ma political science distance learning, admission to ma political science in ignou, ma political science correspondence from ignou, ignou ma political science grade card, ignou ma political science result, ignou ma political science fee structure, ignou ma political science admission last date: The Indira Gandhi National Open University’s School of Social Sciences (SOSS) has developed the master degree programme in the field of Political Science i.e Master of Arts in Political Science (MPS). The University has been offering admission to MA Political Science (MPS) discipline to the students from all over the country.The university has applied the two tier approach to study this discipline which means the examination for the IGNOU MPS courses will be held only after one year i.e. the students who takes admission to this programme in January session can appear for the examinations in December month of same year and the students who will take admission in July session can appear for the examinations in the June month of next year. If the student is unable to complete any course in the any particular Term End Examination then he or she may appear in the examinations which will occur in next six months. The students need to complete all the required political science courses within the minimum duration of two years and maximum duration of five years to obtain the master degree in commerce. Also Read about m.a in social work from ignou.
Programme Objective: The main objective of Master’s Degree in Political Science (MPS) is to provide an opportunity to the students for higher studies in the field of Political Science. It also aims at training the learner’s mind to improve their logical thinking, mental discipline, ability for analysis and synthesis, critical reflection on social and political realities. You can also read about IGNOU MA Sociology Admission.
We have mentioned below the various details of MA Political Science programme such as eligibility criteria, duration, age limit. These are as follows:
- Medium of Instruction: English & Hindi
- Admission Eligibility : The candidate must be having Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in any discipline or equivalence from any of the recognized university.
- Course Duration: Minimum duration of 2 years and Maximum duration of 5 years.
- Programme Fee: The total fee is Rs.10,800/- which is required to be paid year wise @Rs. 5,400/- per year.
- Age Eligibility : There is no minimum and maximum age bar.
Note : The programme fee may change in future, so please check the latest fee with the IGNOU Regional Centre or see latest prospectus.
Programme Coordinator: In case of any query, you can contact the coordinator of the discipline at below mentioned contact details:
- Name: Prof. S.V. Reddy, Prof. Jagpal Singh
- Email-Id: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Phone No: 011-29572733, 011-29572729
How to Apply for admission to IGNOU MA Political Science? The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers admission to master degree in Political Science programme in both January and July academic cycles along with many other courses. There are large number of learners in India who want to pursue the higher education via distance mode. So, every year the number of students who apply for admission to master degree in Political Science are also in large numbers. The students can fill up IGNOU MA Political Science Admission Form in both January and July academic cycles. The university publish the advertisement or notification related to the admission in the month of May for July session and in month of November for January session. The students can check the notification for last date of admission.The details about the admission form and prospectus etc. can be checked and download from the university official website at www.ignou.ac.in. There are two ways in which interested candidates can apply for admission to distance learning MA (Political Science) discipline. These are as follows :
Online mode: The university has launched its Online Admission portal for the learners from all over the country to fill up IGNOU MA Political Science Online Admission form. We have mentioned below the step you need to follow while applying for IGNOU Online admission.
- Please open the website url : https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/
- Visit the “Apply Online” link at the top menu. Under this link, you will find the link “General Instructions” as sub menu. Just click on it and read out all the instructions carefully before filling up the online admission form for MA Political Science.
- On the General Instructions page, you will find a link to download the latest “Common Prospectus”.It is advised to read out the prospectus carefully so that you will able to understand the complete details about the IGNOU MA Political Science programme.
- The applicants need to register themselves on the website to fill up the admission application form.
- The Application fee can be paid via Bank challan, Debit Card, Credit card or Net Banking.
- After submitting up the application form and fees, please take the print out of the acknowledgement page for further reference.
Offline Mode: In the offline mode, the students need to visit their nearest IGNOU Regional Centre and obtain the IGNOU MA Political Science Prospectus by paying fee of Rs.200/- in cash at the counters. The students can also obtain the prospectus via post by sending a Demand Draft of Rs.250/- in favour of IGNOU, New Delhi to the following address: “REGISTRAR, Student Registration Division, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110068″. The students can also download the prospectus from the university official website.The IGNOU Master of Arts in Political Science admission application form can be cut from the prospectus itself. The applicant need to submit the filled in application form on a prescribed format, demand draft of required fee and required attested documents in the respected regional centre.
IGNOU MA Political Science Admission / Registration Status: The students will be able to check the registration status of the MPS programme on the university official website after the two weeks from the day of submission of admission form. In Case, you do not find your admission status, please contact your regional centre by visiting there or by speaking to them on phone.
IGNOU MA Political Science (MPS) Solved Assignments: To complete any MPS course, the student also need to submit the solved assignment for it. Because, the Tutor Marked Assignments(TMA) constitutes the 30% weightage of marks for any particular course. Also, before submitting the examination form,the students need to submit the IGNOU MA Political Science solved assignments. otherwise, their form will not be accepted. The students can find the assignment question papers from the university official website and they need to solve it and write it themselves as per the guidelines provided by Indira Gandhi National Open University. After completing the assignments, the students need to submit them to their respective study centres before the last date of submission.
IGNOU MA Political Science Courses & Syllabus: The students has to complete 64 credits to complete the programme. All the courses with their Course Code and Course name has been mentioned below:
IGNOU MA Political Science First Year Subjects
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
|MPS-003||India: Democracy and Development||8|
|MPS-002||International Relations: Problems & Theory||8|
|MPS-004||Comparative Politics: Issues and Trends||8|
IGNOU MA Political Science Second Year Subjects (Choose only 32 credits)
|MPSE 1||India and the World||4|
|MPSE 2||State and Society in Latin America||4|
|MPSE 3||Western Political Thought||4|
|MPSE 4||Social and Political Thought in Modern India||4|
|MPSE 5||State and Society in Africa||4|
|MPSE 6||Peace and Conflict Studies||4|
|MPSE 7||Social Movements and Politics in India||4|
|MPSE 8||State Politics in India||4|
|MPSE 9||Canada: Politics and Society||4|
|MPSE 10||Dissertation (Optional)||4|
|MPSE 11||The European Union in World Affairs||4|
|MPSE 12||State and Society in Australia||4|
|MPSE 13||Australia’s Foreign Policy||4|
|MED 2||Sustainable Development: Issues and Challenges||8|
|MED 8||Globalisation and Environment||4|
|MGP 4||Gandhi’s Political Thought||4|
|MGPE 7||Non-Violent Movements after Gandhi||4|
|MGPE 8||Gandhian Approach to Peace and Conflict Resolution||4|
|MGPE 10||Conflict Management, Transformation & Peace Building||4|
|MGPE 11||Human Security||4|
|MGPE 13||Civil Society, Political Regimes and Conflict||4|
Other Related Links:
- IGNOU MA Political Science Admission Notification
- IGNOU MA Political Science Prospectus
- IGNOU MPS Study Material
- IGNOU MA Political Science TEE Date Sheet
- IGNOU MA Political Science TEE Hall Ticket/ Admit Card
- IGNOU MA Political Science Grade Card
- IGNOU MA Political Science TEE Result
- IGNOU MA Political Science Previous Year Question Papers